Demo Site

Saturday, April 19, 2008

The gall of some people

Maybe I have a different idea of what it means to be a friend...well, I know I do. It's a very good reason why I don't have many friends. These days no one really knows what it means to BE a friend. "Friend" has become pretty fucking shallow these days. Apparently all a friend is good for anymore is to have someone to brag about your kids to, hang out at the beauty shop/mall/arcade, and stab in the back at the first opportunity. It amazes me that I'm 32 years old and the meaning of friendship hasn't really changed since 3rd grade....my grandmother though, has friends. Like real friends. "I'll go through some hardship to be there for you" friends. Which is why I have only THREE friends. Don't worry, no one "betrayed" me...Just understand, a friend is there no matter what. This is what I believe a friend is. If you really want to get right down to it...I have 20 or 30 friends. People I haven't talked to in a long time because our lives went seperate ways, but we care for one another and will still be there. I have 2 friends that I hadn't spoke to in years because they moved and some bad shit happened to them...but they heard from another mutual friend I needed help and HITCHHIKED to come give it. Now THAT's a friend.

My husband has the most shallow fucking friends...I swear. Ok, let's straighten this out. My husband has two best friends. One is C. C was actually MY friend from high school. We grew up together, went to the same college. When S and I met, they met and became extremely close. C and S have a real friendship. When C got married naturally we made room for his wife. She's hard to get close to, she's painfully shy, but after several years I hope she feels like she's a member of us. Then there's J. He's a nice guy, in that whole "I'd have a beer with him" type of thing. That's really it. He and my husband grew up together. They were best friends since they were like 4 or something. In each others wedding, played Little League together, y'know I'm really hard pressed to find anything he's done that is best friend-ish. He's like an arm's length friend. Anyhow, moving on. J has this girlfriend, maybe wife, we've met her twice. The first time she seemed quite the snot. J and I aren't friends, his girl and I are not friends, his girl and my husband are not friends. There's your background.

S got these 4 tickets to an Astros game. Apparently these seats are THE SHITZ!!!!!!!!eleventyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dudes, you get those type of tickets you call 1. Your bestest friend 2. Your best friend 3 & 4. A couple of cool dudes you like to hang with. Well, C's wife just had a baby so S calls and they do that guy high school thing. "Fucker I got some tickets..brag brag" and what it pretty much comes down to is 'I want you to come with me, but life has you and I just wanted you to know I thought of you FIRST'. So naturally step 2 is call J. They haven't hardly spoken in MONTHS. The only reason J knew WE'D had a new baby is because last time they talked we had just found out I was pregnant. So if he had the time free you'd expect "yeah, I'll be there". I mean, hey, hang out together, catch up, have a good guy time. (I take S's guy time very seriously because he has so many responsibilities..I feel he really needs that). Instead J says "I haven't spent much time with the gal pal, mind if she comes if you have an extra ticket". WTF???? So you take my husband's extra ticket and then bring your girl who is going to take up the majority of your time? WTF????? Be man and buy the damn tickets off of him. Otherwise you're just taking advantage of a good friend and being a not so good one to boot. You don't take your girl to a guy's time at all, but even if you feel that for some damn reason it's necessary, you damn sure don't take the ticket from a guy who you're probably going to hardly talk to all fuckin' day. You wanna spend time with your gal, great, but do it on ya'll's time. Say you can't make it and hang with her. That's fine. But how the fuck do you say, "Sure, I'll take the ticket that wasn't intended as gift and now I want a second one so I can spend the day with my gal". WTF is wrong with you people? He wasn't giving you a ticket, he was inviting you to join him.

S says it doesn't bother him and perhaps it shouldn't bother me. But it does. I feel he's taking advantage of my husband and my husband's good nature. My husband avoids confrontation. He doesn't like the negativity that comes with confronting someone. He lets me take care of that for the most part. However, MOST OF THE TIME, when it comes to soley HIS friends and HIS family, I stay out of it. There's shit I ain't stepping in. Next time I'll suggest other buddies than this one to go hang out with, since J doesn't feel S is worth hanging out with. Just taking his ticket.

0 comments: