Demo Site

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Analysis of a presidential wannabe

Well, I've decided with the coming presidential race, we should find out some background on our hopefuls. It's never too soon to educate yourself. And I've decided to start with Hillary Clinton, because I fucking HATE her. However, I am aware that the biggest part of my extreme dislike is NOT based on rationality, I just get the feeling she's not a good person. I DO disagree with some of her beliefs on where America should go, but I REALLY dislike her. How much? I would vote for George Bush before I would Hillary Clinton. I truly feel in my heart that she will fuck this country to a fare thee well. Yes, I fully believe she would fuck it up worse than Bush. So, let's found out how right I am, ok, or how wrong I am...*sings songs* but I'm voting I'm riiiight...Ok, I know, I'm going in biased, but hey, I'm Jalestra, not Mother Theresa, work with me here. This is NOT your opportunity to compare her to other candidates. We're not talking about *other* candidates, we are discussing Hillary Clinton. All information is found from her official website HillaryClinton.com

You have to really search for what Clinton believes, while other candidates in MY experience have their views on the front page of their web central, hers were nowhere to be found except in her biography. IMO, that is a strike for *any* candidate. The public wants to know where you stand...we really don't care where you grew up. You guys try to out-poor each other anyhow. Out of 100...Hillary is down to 99..and some questions. Is there some underlying reason that she doesn't want to make it obvious where she stands? Is it *really* necessary for us to explore her entire lifeline instead of to just say it? I think this is at least partly right. Don't want to alienate anyone yet right?


Ok, having read the biography, I'm still clueless on how she stands on the "key" issues. I see how she voted, and that's important, but I want to see what she's telling the American people she stands for. I want to see how what she says aligns with how she voted. I do see she fought for women's rights, but how? I see she sped up and made easier the adoption process...how? I know these are things we can all look up. But when you think of the American people in general we don't think of them educating themselves *cough*Bush*cough*. I take a good chunk of points off for lack of clarity in how she stands. 20 points. At the moment we are the average American..we don't care if you can chase the info down. Clinton drops to 79 points. I'm sorry, but we all know the American people just don't do much reading...and they are very easy to fool...why all the vagueness? Probably because the American people jud don't do much reading and are easy to fool. So she can step up and make as many contradictory feel good speeches as she likes. This is not an attack on Hillary Clinton, they all do it. She's just being quite a bit more vague than I'm used to.



On to the next logical step: Speeches. Surely those will give us a better idea of how she stands...

Wait, I'm a lazy American (or yes, actually even a BUSY American), I don't want to read speeches!? WAit wait, here's Talk Action! Ok, what does it say?

Ending our country's dependence on foreign oil will take real leadership. Hillary proposed a simple idea to help end the cycle of dependence: put some of the oil industry's windfall profits into a fund that would help develop practical new sources of renewable energy.
What do you think about Hillary's plan? Should we use some of the oil company's record profits to fund alternative energy research? What are some other ideas to reduce our dependence on foreign oil?


Ok, for the fucking record--THAT'S NOT A PLAN! That's an idea...when you list pros/cons, how to implement it, costs..predicted results..THAT'S a plan. This is simply an idea. What do I think about her "plan"? Not enough information. I can't tell you what I think except it has possibilities...give me more information, I can tell you if I want to fall behind it!

The President owes an on-going consultation to Congress and owes straight talk to the country. We have to get this right. The Congress should debate our current course, including the current silent-treatment policy toward our adversaries.
We want to know what you think. Read Hillary's speech and share your thoughts with us about the role Congress must play to make sure that President Bush doesn't repeat history.


Title of Speech pretty much says it all: IRAN: No Military Action On Iran Without Congressional Authority

Ok, this is a gimme...I mean, we all can easily agree with that. Does anyone else get the feeling that she's testing the waters before committing an opinion? Jeez, she's not even subtle about it!

Fine, she wants to be vague..then we'll move along to her voting record. However, the fact that she cannot seem to state a flat out opinion one way or the other, plan, something, will definitely stand against her in the end. FWIW, this is not increasing my opinion of the woman. Even with a good voting record, I cannot help but feel that she is deliberately being extremely vague for no other reason than to drum up votes. This "conversation with America" is not helpful at all...I mean, hey, I can talk pretty, that's not a serious discussion. More like being a pain in the ass. Yeah, I know, kiss ass to become president, but really...do you think THIS is the best idea? Hell, it could be the reason we end up with idiots as president is because you manage piss anyone off with a decent, well used brain.

*sighs* Moving on--Vote-smart.org for her voting record. Oh now, momma likes...this is so organized, so clear...fuck Hillary, Vote-smart.org gets 500 points for organization!

Abortion--Now, this isn't just important as a woman's right to her body. This is also an indication of how you intend to vote in the individual freedoms of a people. Abortion is a *personal* choice. Noone's business but the woman's. As such, and since objections to abortion are based on another individual's opinions or beliefs, this is an indication in how important it is to grant man's freedoms based on a rule of freedom rather than a rule of belief. One person's beliefs/feelings should NEVER decide another's course of action in regards to their own life. And while you may feel that is a life inside her, well, she's the one carrying it and her feelings count more than yours.

Now, it doesn't matter how the bill turns out, what matters is how it was voted on.

Hillary Clinton voted yes on hte Unintended pregnancy act. An act that:
- Increases funding and access to family planning services
- Funds legislation that requires equitable prescription coverage for contraceptives under health plans
- Funds legislation that would create and expand teen pregnancy prevention programs and education programs concerning emergency contraceptives

She voted no twice against prohibiting partial birth abortion.

She voted yes to Military Abortion Amendment:

- Would not require public funding of abortions, individual seeking the abortion would be responsible for all cost associated with the procedure
- Would overturn the ban that currently allows abortions in military hospitals only in cases when the life of the woman is at risk, or in cases of rape or incest

Ok, this shows a respect for an individual's choices. Let's hope that continues.

Agricultural she voted yes twice on Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002. Go look it up at the site, but this sounds good. Not being a farmer I cannot attest to the effectiveness...but this is basically, as far as I can tell, a good bill..let me rephrase that, the intentions are good. Without more information, well, I can't tell you. I have kids, I can't keep up with *everything*.

Up until education I find that she tends to side with the people more often than not. owever, she voted yes for the No Child Left Behind Act. Quite frankly, everybody said it was a clusterfuck from the beginning, and all I've seen is proof we are right. It would be a small thing except one would think we wouldn't fuck with our next generations' education. A fuck up like this, that is having bad effects years later is not a minor issue. Any suffering in education on this level will effect what these children have learned for years. Education is NOT a minor issue, and I fail to see why she agreed with it. Teachers are "teaching to the test" now more than ever, and the government has done nothing but insure that is what they HAVE to do. Well, believe you me, we'll get into public education another time.

We do well again until:Firearms Manufacturers Protection bill A bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the misuse of their products by others.

I think it is extremely unfair to sue *any* company because someone misused their product. I beleive this only encourages the idiot lawsuits we have now. It's one thing to sue a company for making a gun that when fired correctly blows up, and another to say "since you made that gun, YOU are responsible for how people use it". Noone hails Smith &Wesson as heroes when police shoot down a deadly threat, noone should penalize them when a criminal shoots down an innocent. The individual engaging in the behavior is the responsible party, not the creator of the object in question. Do we sue GE because Susie Q stuck John Q's hand in their blender? Or perhaps we ought to just worry about arresting Susie Q, and not blame it on "well, if GE hadn't *made* the blender, it wouldn't have happened*. I have to say that this vote against freedom. REmember, if you want the freedom to do as you please, with it comes the responsibility to take the consequences of your actions.

Ok, so according to her voting record alone, I would have to say that she comes off for freedom more often than against, however, I do feel her stance on the FireArms bill is a huge step against adults taking responsibility for their own actions. Sometimes giving the people what they need is not giving them what they want. I would have to raise her from 79 to an 82.

Now we go into behavior: Well, it really bothers me that we can't get our shit in Iraq straight and she's already entertaining thoughts of attacking Iran. Why don't we clean up one mess before we move on to the next huh? But I find this sentence chilling: "We need to use every tool at our disposal, including diplomatic and economic in addition to the threat and use of military force,"


But Jalestra, you say, they are making nuclear weapons! Are you fuckin' sure? I mean, deja vu? Hello? Hey Dipshit, don't you think we ought to put forth a little more effort this time, a tiny bit, just a smidgeon in MAKING FUCKING SURE!? Holy shit, what kind of fucking moron are you...oh sorry, wrong rant. Anyhow, come fuckin' on, how fuckin' dense do you have to be????

1. Might be smart to be sure that we can get out of our CURRENT war, make sure it's cleaned up, give our troops a bit of a rest. Do a complete investigation? Hmm...or is that too fuckin' easy?

2. WHERE THE FUCK IS BIN LADEN?? You idiots do realize there's a great chance he's hiding out making new plans. And you are aware, right, that HE is the one who instigated ATTACKING our country? We're in one war over a lie, and she's ready to commit to another based on MAYBE??? And we still haven't paid back the fucker who ACTUALLY KILLED PEOPLE IN OUR OWN FUCKIN' COUNTRY. I'm not saying NO to war, I'm just saying, let's make sure THIS time..hmm..a little tiny smidgeon of fuckin' intelligence this time around, I mean, come on, it's not like I'm asking for the MOON! Sorry, with being so quick to jump into yelling about military force I definitely have drop her 30 points...52 points...I'm not saying these guys are trustworthy, but shit, even an idiot ought to see the sense of not jumping on the military balloon quite so quickly. And has anyone ever thought that if she is ready to say military force, after what we did in Iraq, Iran MIGHT go ahead and get started...I mean shit, if someone comes and is having a gun fight with the people next door over a lie, and you disagree with him a tiny bit (even if he's right), if he yells I'm gonna shoot you next, won't you barricade in and start stocking up on weapons? I mean, shit, he's already shooting the neighbors, so he's got a nice history of jumping in with both feet.

Ok, where were we?

Well, actually, we're in the final step. I'm sorry, but this is where Clinton loses all her freedom points. "It takes a village to raise a child". Parents beware..let's go over some ideas Clinton has: *check her book, It Takes a Village*

"a consensus of values and a common vision of what we can do today, individually and collectively, to build strong families and communities."--Ok, and who's values and common vision will we use? Someone's not going to agree, and you can't use everyone's. They contradict each other too much. I mean, let's go...I believe teaching children religion is criminal, You think your child should be exposed to YOUR religion only..so who wins? We both have a point...who wins? I believe that children need freedom to breathe, grow, think..other parents want constant structure...who wins? Wait what if YOU have one child that turns out great and I have one that turns out great, but we COMPLETELY different beliefs in how to raise a child? Who wins?

She insists that there will be times when "the village itself [read: the federal government] must act in place of parents" and accept "those responsibilities in all our names through the authority we vest in government."--Ah, I see, so our children will be raised by the government. Ok, let's ignore the fact that invades our rights as parents to guide our children into life in a way we feel best prepares them for the real world. I've met lots of governmently raised children....they didn't turn out so well for the most part. Yeah, in fact I'd definitely say it's a very bad idea.

Don't worry though single people! You get indoctrinated too! "Videos with scenes of commonsense baby care--how to burp an infant, what to do when soap gets in his eyes, how to make a baby with an earache comfortable--could be running continuously in doctors' offices, clinics, hospitals, motor vehicle offices, or any other place where people gather and have to wait."--ooo..how...1984. Hillary Clinton has had ONE child..ONE...I've had FOUR...I think I got it by now thank you. And really, the purpose of inundating those without children constantly about how to care for them..yeah, that goes over really well.

And quite fuckin' frankly, some of us have ideas that we think are abusive in raising children, although they aren't considered such in society. *I* happen to think teaching children religion is criminal, leashing children like dogs should be outlawed, and sometimes a spanking is what it takes. YOU may find all these thing sthe opposite. Do you really feel you want to put another parent or yourself through the ache in your heart when you feel your child is mistreated? I mean, don't you feel it when someone ELSE's child is mistreated? How would you feel if it was YOURS? That you feel deep deep down, that what someone is doing to a child is wrong and you want to cry? Because I feel that way about leashing children and teaching them religion, and I can just imagine the pain I'd feel when I felt my children weren't being given the respect I feel they deserve in favor of treating them like animals and indoctrinating them. My children don't need 500 parents, they need me, they're mommy...the one who loves them and does the best I can by them. We deserve to have the freedom to give them that...and I guess I know now my dislike of Hillary Clinton does have a rational basis and an irrational one. I love my children...

Hillary, YOU FAIL.




0 comments: